Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday.

Today, I played at church; it was the first time I'd played in public for many months. 

It was good for the soul. But horrible for the pain in my hands. I think it's the osteoarthritis. And the fact I haven't played in a long time. But overall, I'm glad I played. I do think I have to get to the hand doctor, because I don't think it should hurt this much, physically. 

Two others contributed their musical skills on harp and on piano. Both sublime. Particularly enjoyed a piece by Chopin. And of course, you can never go wrong with Satie or Debussy! Why did I stop piano lessons all those years ago? Never mind. I love listening to piano music.

I'm not as down as I've been lately, but yet still very very tired. And a bit numb. No tears today just yet, so maybe that's something. 

This morning, for the first time since November, I had a little vertigo. I have been told that there are several things that can contribute to a "flare-up" of this: caffeine is one; and I've had a lot of it lately. Another is stress. And yes, my stress level is much higher than usual these days. 

I can take care of the caffeine. Just gotta figure out how to lower the stress. Lots of prayer, I guess, will help. Oddly, work is one of the few things that is not stressing me out. It's just everything else. 

Well, the Spartans play basketball tonight; I'm going to try to watch for awhile but likely will not stay up late enough to see the whole thing. Hoping to take in a baseball game tomorrow afternoon and then perhaps Easter vigil tomorrow night. It's a magical service. I'll have to write about it later.

In the meantime, I think I'll wrap this up and get in my PJs. 



No comments: