Monday, March 25, 2013

My inner diva takes a peek and fiddles a little, too.



Today was a pretty busy day, and for the most part, I like that.

Elvis decided, though, that I didn't have to be on time EVERY morning, and took his sweet time choosing just the right spot to perform his morning, uh, duties. In actuality, I wasn't late, but I cut it pretty close. I don't blame him for milking every moment he can with me. I miss him during the day, too. I thinking it would be pretty wonderful to find some sort of employment after I retire from MSU that would allow me to keep Elvis with me.

I had the usual activities at work today--and in the afternoon, we had a staff meeting of all of the departments in HR. We have these meetings every three months, and lately, each meeting has some sort of fun presentation of what an individual department does. Today was ours. Lots of funny photos and the soundtrack provided by...me. First time I've sung anything at length since John got sick, and it was kinda fun! I did a sort of diva version of myself.

But hey, if you think this production will ever see the light of day (or the internet) after today's meeting, you have another thing coming. But...it was fun to record and fun to see the finished and creative result.

I had an eye appointment just after I got back from spring vacation, and I learned--not to my surprise--that I needed new glasses. So grateful for vision insurance! We had some through John's office, and now I have some (new to the University) for me. So, today the glasses came in and I'm getting used to them this evening. It'd been over a year since my last exam (actually, I think it was just before John got sick), so I was overdue. They're actually cute glasses--a metallic purple with a little bit of bling on the bows. I'm wearing them in the photo above, but with the special effects in the photo, it's hard to tell they are new.

After spending time with Elvis, I headed back out with my fiddle to try out some things for Friday's Good Friday service. My hands hurt a lot, partially because I haven't played much in a long while, and partially because the arthritis is acting up lately in both of my hands and back. But I managed.

During a good share of Holy Week, there's a cloth labyrinth to use for mediation and prayer. I walked it tonight after my little practice session...lit a candle for John...and then attended the evening service. There's one every night during Holy Week in recent years, and I always look forward to them.

I'm pretty tired tonight, so after I post this, I'm headed to bed. Elvis is giving me lots of kisses right now and it's pretty distracting. He just loves our little rituals of play and cuddling. What a sweet boy.

I noticed recently that because of the switch in food and because I've been trying bottled water for him, that Elvis no longer has tear stains on his face. Yay! Such a handsome boy--hated to see those on his gorgeous face.

Well, Elvis and I bid you a nice evening.

No comments: